El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer on the steering column, but Wisconsin is a little far to travel for just that. Sorry :(

I think I'll also have to pass on the blue bench. My interior is ½ gray and ½ brown. I trying to get it all gray (or black) again. Blue, brown and gray would really be a three ring circus. ;) But I let you know if/when I get the buckets out. (I just added my location, Aurora, to my profile.)

If the rain stops, I might go junkayrd hunting this weekend. :)

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
OK...good luck hunting. Do you have any good boneyards out by Aurora? I usually hit the ones around the Blue Island area, but haven't been there in awhile...if you come across any good doors on an Elky or 2 dr Malibu please let me know. I'll also keep my eyes peeled for a gray or brown bench seat for ya. Came across a 5th gen Elky just the other day in a boneyard (Speedway) in Chicago Heights on Rte 30. It was completely trashed except for the glass...sorry to say it has whats left of a brown vinyl straight bench seat, which is shreaded. This one good probably qualify for the "Most abused Elkys list." :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is a 5th Gen at Brunos in Harvey, dont remember what the seats were like. Its on top of another car. I am still looking for a dash.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i have a black steering column with column shift if youre interested...

EDIT: i also have a gray bench in my '83 elky i could sell or trade if you really want it. i'm thinking of swtching it to buckets and console anyway...

the u-pull-it in blue island has a gold colored 4-dr malibu with a black interior and a burgundy/burgundy '81 el camino but the interior is pretty much shot cause someone knocked in the windshield. had a non a/c heater box i was gonna get but the controls were gone :-(

·
Registered
11 Posts
blue Island

yea I was pickin off that gold 4 door bu and was scoping out that 81 el camino didn't have anything I needed I have been in the yards recently collecting smog equipment to get my ole EL back rollin.

Sorry got no parts available though. The pull a part will hook you up Half price on Mon. happy huntin

·
Registered
349 Posts
yea i like that yard.always something cool there. i got my fiberglass cap there for $50 as well as some other cool goodies. they also have a blue '65-ish elky there too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Rich,

I will soon be changing my daily driver high mileage 83 305/lock-up 350 drivetrain to a TPI 383/700r4. This will be sometime in late Feb/March. The carb still works great! I will shoot you a note once I pull it if you don't get one by then. Good luck hunting. I think we all need to keep updates on any junk yard trips that show promise. Good luck hunting.

Rich
Worth (SW Burbs)

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have a quadrA jet that im pretty sure still works. if you have the center console lid. ill trade ya. reason i said pretty sure still works go to general n look under still trying to straighten it out

·
Registered
349 Posts
anyone find any "new" 5th gens in any junkyards? i need some parts but whatever 5th gens i find around here are pretty much picked clean.

·
Registered
111 Posts
parts

I have a lot of interior parts. Door panels, bench or bucket seats, all the chrome, an extra front bumper, running 305 with trans, and front fenders all in johnson creek WI if interested in anything give me an email at [email protected] and if there is anything else you are looking for like odds and ends I might have it. The parts car is an 85 with all smog crap on it except air pump. Will sell or trade for various parts.

Jason

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the electronic carb that you need(ed).
ran great when I took it off the motor and put my Quad on.
(not running th ecm)
I live in Orfordville Wisconsin, just north of Beloit Wisconsin which is just north of Rockford Illinois

If interested, contact me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Victory Auto

Victory auto wreckers in Bensenville has a couple of Elkys.. one has decent doors for $75.00 brown,.. at least they did 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
349 Posts
hmm i might have to make a trip out there this weekend and check them out. i need to find a fender that isn't rusted out under the wheel lip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got a rear bumper, in very good shape. I'm asking $50 for it. I also have a Carter Q-Jet. Let me know if your interested. I live in the Peoria area, but I travel alot to Aurora.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts