El Camino Central Forum banner

721 - 740 of 741 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
Just wanted to send you a reminder on this.

Thank you for the reminder for my part in this...I looked through a few boxes on the weekend and came up empty. I do have many boxes of parts both at home and in a storage locker so it can be time consuming. If you've got a lead on hardware from someone else you may want to go that route. If not I can keep looking. I parted out 2 El Caminos and seems to me I did have the hardware...just need to locate it.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Just wanted to send you a reminder on this.
Thank you for the reminder Roger.
I apologize. I work in a local hospital and we're very busy lately.
I will get into my garage and search for the jack and get a pic to you no later than this weekend. Promise.
Dave

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
No apologies please. Absolutely no problem. I am under no time constraint at all for acquiring one.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've got a couple in my storage locker...just can't recall condition. They usually don't fair too well just based on location and having a battery on it.

If I don't have a good one..I have access to others...I recently found a yard with about 20 various Gbodys in it so might be able to find a decent one there.
ok, let me know if you happen to find a loaded one. mine's in good shape with only 84k miles . on the fence on whether to get a loaded panel or to add aftermarket gauges

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #726 (Edited)
Afternoon O. D. Showtime, you wouldnt happen to have or know of a brake light harness assembley for an 86/87? Thanks
Hi

I have the rear harness from the fuse box to the back of the smugglers box and then the harness from there to the rear...I do not have a good harness for the actual taillights themselves.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #731 (Edited)
Haven't been doing alot of parts stuff during this pandemic...I did however come up with a Monte SS style steering wheel. It's the darker burgundy and in pretty nice shape. Horn center emblem has a small crack but I can include another emblem as pictured. $80 plus shipping cost. SOLD

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
I bought a blue/gray steering wheel from Kevin as well as many other parts! (y) He suggested this one for mine and it looks so much better than the black one I had. Easily sold it to a member who was happy to get it! I paid more for mine off of E bay...Good deal! A couple of small screw drivers gets the emblem out.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #734
Hi, are any of these parts available?
Hi I know this thread is long and cumbersome...posting rules are that you shouldn't have multiple for sale threads so I just kept posting to this one. I tried to do my best to update what had/ has sold. What were you looking for?

Kevin

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just saw the post date , im
Hi I know this thread is long and cumbersome...posting rules are that you shouldn't have multiple for sale threads so I just kept posting to this one. I tried to do my best to update what had/ has sold. What were you looking for?

Kevin
thanks for the response , I’m new to this forum so I’m still learning the ropes on here , but I’m mostly looking for a speedometer with the L and L1 on it . I tho k is the overdrive one? Also looking for the coffin rails

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
I sold the last set of box rails a little while back....I've got speedos here but with me being in Canada they are kph over mph...and I've only got 80 and newer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That’s fine , it’ll make the dash look interesting lol, My el camino got a cluster swap back in the late 80s. Behind each gauge there’s a serial number and and a date written (1-5-89 ) Im pretty sure my gauge cluster is from a early 80s El Camino .
Do you have a working fuel gauge, temp, battery and temp gauge? I’ll take what you have

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here’s what’s left of my speedo either the numbers were rubbed off or they attempted to paint and restore it back in 89 , the speedo was in a box hidden in the smugglers area

Attachments

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #739
That’s fine , it’ll make the dash look interesting lol, My el camino got a cluster swap back in the late 80s. Behind each gauge there’s a serial number and and a date written (1-5-89 ) Im pretty sure my gauge cluster is from a early 80s El Camino .
Do you have a working fuel gauge, temp, battery and temp gauge? I’ll take what you have

Sent you a PM (Conversation)

·
Registered
1 Posts
whats up OD, wondering if you have any fenders or hood for a 85? I am down in south Florida so would need to know shipping as well, if able.

721 - 740 of 741 Posts