El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got different wheels on my elky i think 215 or 225/15/60, just wondering if they had rally wheels in that size?

i know they made 14 X 7, just wondering...

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,725 Posts
Corvette Rallys

Corvette rally wheels are 15X8. There are tons of them for sale on e-bay and other wheel sites. They look good on an Elky. When my 14" tires need replacing I will probably go that route.

Les:texas:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks, I thought those were 235 though.

I waa just wondering if my tire would interchange

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tires and Wheels

I have 255/60 R15 on my NEW '78 and there is only about 1/2" clearance. A little rubbing at times on hard turns. I'm trying to find some 225/70 R15 or even 225/65R15 to use all around. My elky now only has 205/70 R15 in front. I want the truck to look balanced. Just replaced the front springs as the PO had the original cut to lower the truck. I guess that i"m an old geezer who likes things to look balanced. Anyone who needs cutdown front springs give me a holler. Herb

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wouldn't go any bigger than 235.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The back spacing is biggest problem with running wider tires I have found that 3 1/2 inches on the back space is good for wider tires. Do a search and you should find a lot of info.

·
0 Posts
I'm running 235/60/15 all around. No rub in the back but the front rubs when I lock the wheels left or right. Overall,I'm satisfied with the look on my Corvette rallies!:beer:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok 235's are what i suspected!

I just like ralleys because there are so maby things you can do to them! Paint them to match your car, no two sets have to look alike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts