El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
I will have to check and see if I can unlock it from the outside I have tried both handles and neither open the door. It does look like the latch may be bound up but until I get a new door I cant cut this one up my son is still driving this thing until we get his Nova legal and running. I will update with more info on the repairs once I get it and thanks again for the help馃馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Ok guys, I found an 84 monte carlo door with manual window, just to clarify that should still fit my 80 elky right? they are both g-body cars so im thinking a little paint and a new door maybe have to do some tweaking on the door hinge from what I can see, any suggestions on how to do it other than just hammer on the striker? I do have a dent puller I can drill a few holes in the pannel and try to pull it but worried about tearing the metal on the door frame on car side.

Registered
No, a Monte door won鈥檛 work. (I think it will bolt on but none of the outer contours are the same). Unless it鈥檚 free and you want the hole filled temporarily, it鈥檚 not worth the work to hang it. (鈥楥ourse you could go for a 鈥楳y Name is Earl鈥 vibe...) You need a Camino, Malibu coupe, or LeMans coupe door.
Patrick

21 - 23 of 23 Posts