El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would be the best place to mount rear 6X9 speakers and still have good entrance to the smuggles box.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
On my 87 behind the seats you have the two floor wells with the hump in the middle. I built two frames one for each well and mounted my 6x9 covered with the matching carpet. If you know what your doing and cut the corners of the frames to match the shape of the wells they will sit flush with the hump.Mine came out perfect and i posted pictures on this tread but there gone.I will try to find them again and post it. Then i put my 8' sub. in the sumgglers box with a 300 watt punch and then replaced the two 3x5's in the dash with some 80 amp speakers that fit. WHEN YOU OPEN THE DOORS ON MY TRUCK YOU CANT SEE ANYTHING BUT THE REMOTE ON THE FRONT SEAT.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet hope to see the pics soon and thanks for the info

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I cant find the before and after here but i know i have them at work. I will post them Tuesday. It's not sweet it's HOT!!!:poke:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA thanks much hope to see em tuesday :nanawrench:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Here you go the pictures of the hidden 6x9's plus 2 box 6x9's behind the seats. I didn't really have time to get the best shots but i'm sure anybody will be happy. I added them to my album. Make sure when you open it at the top of the album shows view in slideshow this is the only way you want to see this. Let me know what you think and i will also start a new tread in audio forum.:secret::secret:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that is porably the coolest thing I have ever seen. :inlove:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts