El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a couple seat belt bolts. These are for the inner driver's and passenger's belts.

Jack

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Just took this one out of a passenger side belt...it has the shoulder on it. I believe this is so the belt can swivel slightly...if you use the other one and tighten it right up it will stop the belt from doing that.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just took this one out of a passenger side belt...it has the shoulder on it. I believe this is so the belt can swivel slightly...if you use the other one and tighten it right up it will stop the belt from doing that.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8526/p3120001d.jpg
Interesting. I just pulled mine out today. The TORX "stars" are so bad I don't think they'll ever tighten again. None of the four bolts has the shoulder. Maybe they should??

Jack

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I've pulled quite a few belts over the last year or so...all have had the shoulder. I think the swivel action helps aid in connecting the two:dontknow:. I'm not sure it has to be but this is what I've found.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,314 Posts
Cost you nothing !! just need your address !!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
87next2last1 sent me some bolts but they're not the right ones. Mattyman sent me some and they're the correct ones. Thanks to both of you.

Now, if anyone else needs some seat belt bolts, let me know. I have a few.

Jack

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Since I had my floor pan replaced by the shop on my 84 Elky, it came back missing the (2) short seatbelt bolts for driver & passenger side.
I could sure use your help. Thanks Lou

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I bought 2 seat belts bolts for my 86 SS for like 16 bucks each 16X2=32+ shipping from ECS ,they are for the inboard anchors,they are brand new in the bags,never used,they have the long shank on them $20 shipped.PM me if interested.photo available,send E-mail address.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Jack, Looks like the two top bolts (pict) would fit the seatbelt floor pans.
Not sure, you see were the bolt anchors and tightens, it should
be able to turn freelee. If you can check the ones on your Elky
it would help.
Thanks! Lou

·
Elkybuick
2,904 Posts
I have seat belt bolts If needed after parting out two El Camino's

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jack, Looks like the two top bolts (pict) would fit the seatbelt floor pans.
Not sure, you see were the bolt anchors and tightens, it should
be able to turn freelee. If you can check the ones on your Elky
it would help.
Thanks! Lou
I think those need to be shoulder bolts in order to turn freely. Maybe the bottom two?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seatbelt screw sizes

Which ones do you need?
Hello, lifting up this rather old topic. Last autumn I removed worn seatbelts of my 1981 El Camino and will have them replaced for this summer.

I have 4x full thread short bolts (12px1.75 L= ~1 inch type 2 bolts, according on Fisher Body Service Manual), 2 medium size bolts with sleeve (12px1.75 L= ~1½ inch type 5) and 2 long size bolts with sleeve (12px1.75 L 1,7...1,9 inch type 7 or type 9). Torx head bolts are so round and soft I will exchange them into hexagon ones.

Of course when I removed original bolts, I didn't make any memos which goes to where. How embarrassing.

I think full thread ones goes into solid anchor plates into floor of outer side of seat and another 2 into belt reel unit. Sleeved ones into center of floor belts (long? medium?). Sleeved one into guide loop (long? medium)?

According on Jack_K's photo, I mean bolt in middle and bolts on middle left.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts