El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some problems with my rear turn signals and brake lights. Here's the story, I have changed the turn signal flasher, the hazard flasher and the hazard stop light fuse. Basically the front turn signals work/flash properly no problems there. Also the tail lights come on fine as well. But if I use my turn signals or hit the hazards the rear lights don't flash at all. Also the brake lights don't work. I'm completely stumped

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I forgot to mention that all the bulbs were in fact new. I believe the ground for the tail lights/stop and turn signals are all the same. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that would mean that if the tail lights work then the grounds for the turn signals would be good as well. Did not check neutral safety switch though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My reverse lights work fine as well if that helps.

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
start at the turn signal switch connector at the column,
check the green and yellow wires for power with the hazards, turn and stop lights on..

trace those wires to the back and see where you loose power..

if there is no power out from the turn switch? it may be bad..

:texas:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
start at the turn signal switch connector at the column,
check the green and yellow wires for power with the hazards, turn and stop lights on..

trace those wires to the back and see where you loose power..

if there is no power out from the turn switch? it may be bad..

:texas:
Okay. Do you know how to get the plastic cover off the steering column. I assume its some sort of clip.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I believe all of the Neutral Safety switches on G bodies are mechanical and do not have anything to do with the lights. I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
193 Posts
X2 on the column, could be a pinched wire or bad connection, i went crazy for weeks. still no revers lights. everything else is ok. good luck! please keep us posted as it may help others!!:nanawrench:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will post back with results sometime late tomorrow. Switch has been going bad since I bought it. Sometimes when I would go to turn the turn signal lever would go limp and I'd have to "pop" it back in place. Will report tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
X3 on the turn signal switch. Sounds like the exact opposite of my problem. And I put a new switch on it and now they all work. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went ahead and changed the turn signal switch today. All is well again. Thank you all for the help. :You_Rock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts