El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a working wiper arm for my 87. I am armed with a new can of black rustoleum so color is not an issue. All of the bone yards are out of gbody stuff. Lemme know if you can help a brother out..:texas:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I am in need of a working wiper arm for my 87. I am armed with a new can of black rustoleum so color is not an issue. All of the bone yards are out of gbody stuff. Lemme know if you can help a brother out..:texas:
I need one to if you find a pair.:texas: I can send the money first and have ups pick it up at your door with a call tag no cost for shipping.
Robert

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Hey there marine, you didbt say what side you needed??
May have one need to know cheers woody out :texas:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Hey there marine, you didbt say what side you needed??
May have one need to know cheers woody out :texas:

Mike get's first pick but I need the passenger side.
Robert

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
The last time I checked NAPA still listed them. And if you find some that are only driver's side, you can use one on the passenger's side and just drop to a 16" blade. It works.

:beer:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Both arms are the same length. I did go by my local NAPA and they didnt have a listing for any g-body. @Robert, I'm gonna change both arms so I don't forsee having an extra. My drivers side arm is still good if you want that one. Just let me know and you can have it. No shipping charge. My daughter works for Fedex and I can send it cheap.. As soon as I get mine fixed i'll let you know.:texas: @Randy, thanks for the heads up.. I didnt know there were different lengths.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
driver and pass side are different at the mounting point. i am going to ca for a week and if i find some good ones i will post such. they are getting scarce but still out there

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds good. I'll keep checking around here. Problem is, I dont have time to go to all the yards in Houston to check what they have. The one i needis the passenger side. Dont forget to get one for Robert, too.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a few sets of black arms and I think I have a passenger silver arm. let me know who needs what side...
I'll take a pair of the black arms if they're in good shape. The problem with mine is the little swing latch on the underneath side of the arm. It got bent somehow and the more I tried to adjust it, the worse it got. Let me know how much $$ and shipping to 77377. Paypal?:You_Rock: Dont forget about Robert! He needs the passenger side.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mike, Also try that guy in Bowden Ga., 'GM Classic Cars', JK Andrews. Last time I looked he had a bunch of them, but all might need painting. Need the Ph. # or web-site? Lemme' know, I'll look it up for you. - George

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Both arms are the same length. I did go by my local NAPA and they didnt have a listing for any g-body. @Robert, I'm gonna change both arms so I don't forsee having an extra. My drivers side arm is still good if you want that one. Just let me know and you can have it. No shipping charge. My daughter works for Fedex and I can send it cheap.. As soon as I get mine fixed i'll let you know.:texas: @Randy, thanks for the heads up.. I didnt know there were different lengths.

That sounds great and PM me your address and I will mail you a Star Bucks $10.00 card I just got and don't need.:texas: Also if you need a set of these I can send the no charge I got a new pair. These look new with a little water stain I didn't try to buff it out and it's only in a small area on the bottoms.
Robert

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
NOT SO FAST GRASSHOPPER.
I just went through this on my lumpy. The drivers arm is
different it has a key way pass side is sspline only.
Ask me how i know.
special thanks to minoridertim and newbtrickyricky
For getting my wipers fixed. Thanks yall cheers :You_Rock:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Woody.. you guys have saved me some bucks, Robert owes you for that! Since I dont drink coffee, you can have the StarBucks gift card.

·
Registered
358 Posts
JarHead, Dang,. just remembered I might have pair of black wiper arms still burried in my office, along with a black cowl - firewall moulding for the lower part of w/shield (exterior). You get one yet? Must have CRS,.... Let me know, I'll dig 'em out. - George :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That'd be great if you have a pair. Lemme know how much if you can find them. And no, I don't need the cowl plate. Mine's in good shape. Thanks..:You_Rock:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Let you know tomorrow,..

Mike, I'll look and let you know tomorrow. I ain't going to use them, will PM you. - George :smileyb:

That'd be great if you have a pair. Lemme know how much if you can find them. And no, I don't need the cowl plate. Mine's in good shape. Thanks..:You_Rock:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I have a set of wiper arms if anyone else need a set. I also have a few single ones.

Doug

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a set of wiper arms if anyone else need a set. I also have a few single ones.
Doug, I have a 78 (I notice you do too) do you still have those wiper arms? My passenger side clip is broken and I'm driving around with it zip-tied. Please save me from this embarrassment! I live in Seattle so you can imagine how many people have seen that zip tied arm flailing around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts