El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to go install a set of '86-88 Monte Carlo SS wheels to replace the one size fits all Cragars I had on there and got a nasty surprise of finding out that a previous owner installed a front hub assembly with B-body Caprice brakes and a 5x5" bolt pattern. What all would be needed to return to 5x4.75"? I know there's the obvious of new rotors but I'm hoping I can retain my larger than stock calipers?

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
what about locating a set of junkyard Blazer brakes and hub? that whole thing will swap right out and get you back to the bolt pattern

·
Registered
394 Posts
If memory serves me correctly (it often fails me), I think the 1LE Camaro rotors fit those spindles and are 4 3/4 bolt pattern. Look into that swap info on line and I think I'm correct.

Best of luck !
Regards Brian

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I ordered a set of Oreilly's 11" rotors with a 5x4.75" pattern for a base 1990 Caprice that I should be getting in this afternoon. I got new bearings and seals for it yesterday that fit the spindle so here's hoping the rest goes together smoothly.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
82's have metric threads already, so that isn't an issue.
B=body spindle setups used to be a common swap. I think bumpsteer was one of the issues it caused.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just figured I'd update this thread in the unlikely scenario anyone else has an issue. I was able to get a set of '90 Caprice (non police package) 11" front rotors all installed and adjusted with new wheel bearings onto my B body spindles just fine. As jlcustomz above mentioned, the wheel stud pitch was wrong. Since I have a GN 8.5 in the back already, I converted the fronts to the same thread pitch as what was on the rear already. Of course GN wheel studs don't fit into Caprice rotors with the knurl diameter they have so I had to get creative to spec out a properly sized set of studs. Just FYI, if you're looking to spec out a set of wheel studs to fit a custom application, either Dorman or Oreilly's websites are great for looking up studs by both thread pitch and knurl diameter.
She's all put together and running better than ever know but there's definitely a reason why my Elco's nickname is the blue money pit..

·
Registered
58 Posts
85 IROC Camino is correct. I am running the 1LE rotors on my 94 Roadmaster spindles

If memory serves me correctly (it often fails me), I think the 1LE Camaro rotors fit those spindles and are 4 3/4 bolt pattern. Look into that swap info on line and I think I'm correct.

Best of luck !
Regards Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts