El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Only 60 days until Central Texas will be rumbling from the sound of El Caminos converging on the lovely town of Belton!
Is everyone getting as excited as I am?

:texas:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,673 Posts
It's a hat!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have replaced my carb, added MSD, and changed the knarly plugs. I still have a hesitation I am working on, I think the primary jets are too large, I'm gonna tackle that tomorrow. I also have had a bit of a concerning vibration developing, that I hope goes away with the tune-up, or no water-box or track-pounding for me. It has been getting progressively worse over the last few drives. Won't stop the trailering to Belton, I have a winch on the trailer... I may be showing everyone the new hole in my block or the gaping wound where the carb used to sit... I didn't build this engine, so my trust level is really low. But all old hot-rodders know the expression:

If it jams, force it! If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.:twisted:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Ms. Terry , I have been VERY patient , patiently WAITING FOR MAY 26 , can't you tell :dontknow: ... now that my Baby is running great , " I Got Ant In My Pants & I gotta Dance " looking forward to doing some " Tube Steak Cooking " and PARTYING after doing my Mama Patrol Duties in the parking lot ..... Don't worry about Fixitman , he just forgot to take his medicine for his " Hibbie Jibbies " right Roy .... now-a-day they make medicine for ANYTHING .... and Ms. Terry , I think I might finally be able to get my new Hot Rod next month in June sometime , I'm hoping ... me & the owner are working out the details ... see ya Soooon in Belton Town :beer: ... and you keep counting ..... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench: :nanawrench: :nanawrench:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hey Ms. Terry , I have been VERY patient , patiently WAITING FOR MAY 26 , can't you tell :dontknow: ... now that my Baby is running great , " I Got Ant In My Pants & I gotta Dance " looking forward to doing some " Tube Steak Cooking " and PARTYING after doing my Mama Patrol Duties in the parking lot ..... Don't worry about Fixitman , he just forgot to take his medicine for his " Hibbie Jibbies " right Roy .... now-a-day they make medicine for ANYTHING .... and Ms. Terry , I think I might finally be able to get my new Hot Rod next month in June sometime , I'm hoping ... me & the owner are working out the details ... see ya Soooon in Belton Town :beer: ... and you keep counting ..... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench: :nanawrench: :nanawrench:
Hey Richard,
I am so looking forward to May 26th! I like kidding Roy about him not being ready, because he spent 3 weeks getting MY Carlos ready for Belton, and
put his own plans on the back burner until he got everyone else up and ready to go! Let me know when you get the plans worked out on your new ride, and we'll have to meet up for lunch if you're still going to do the Waco meet up.
Can't wait to help you with piling up, I mean PARKING everyone's Elkys, and grillin' some dogs!:poke:

ONLY 11 days...:beer:
What's that saying? All business up front, and PARTAY in the back...

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Yippee its gonna be super kool seeing that train roll in .... wonder is ddd leading us in like last years train?? Cheers :beer::texas:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts