El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The final count of El Caminos at the 60th Anniversary Celebration in Arlington was 150!!! Here is the link to a large number of pictures that Josh and his photography crew took. Links to categories of pictures are at the top of the page. Virtually everyone was taking pictures so, more will come available on the forum and other social media sites. http://www.elcamino60th.com/?fbclid=IwAR0xe5WNSbTi5osH4UZTvBucrWMRfkKrRJpDebEgeru9DLtcKkRAw3zcIyc

There was some small anxiety (on my part) on Thursday in getting the hotel to clear out the parking area designated for El Caminos and there was heavy rain and wind over-night on Thursday but there was no damage to any of the El Caminos – other than a few than had some water in the cab and a couple of damaged car-covers. Other than that, IMHO it was a singularly SPECTACTLAR event.

Thank God, there were no reported wrecks or personal injury to members traveling in. One member suffered a transmission failure near the MS/LA border but found someone locally to trailer his El Camino to a shop, replaced the trans – which failed -, replaced that trans with another and got him on his way for a nominal charge (sounds a lot like a typical Les and Victoria Wilson adventure). Another member, traveling from San Diego, had a wheel bearing failure and had to over-night in Abilene, TX getting the bearing replaced before continuing on to Arlington. Another member had a transmission issue enroute, turned back and didn’t make it to the celebration. On another sad (non-travel related note) Deanna Glaze (Elly Girl) a frequent participant and well loved member of Region 13 suffered a medical event after arrival and is hospitalized in Arlington. As of last evening, recovery is looking positive but, please let her know you keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.

Many of the members are still traveling home and, so far, we have heard of no negative issues. Let’s hope and pray that everyone arrives home safe.

The organizing team; Ken and Diana Rogers, Tim and Christy McQuigg, Josh and Ashley Albritton, Glenn Lee and Les and Victoria Wilson send our Thanks and sincere appreciation to all those wonderful volunteers on-site that helped with registration, parking, photography, seminal presentations – and really just stepped up and did anything that was asked of them. I especially want to thank those special people who helped with parking. Some of them worked the parking area all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Most of all, we thank every one of you who attended. Your presence – with or without your El Camino – is what made this a once-in-a-lifetime event. This is the first ever “National” El Camino event that drew participants from the four corners of the U.S.A plus Canada and Mexico and, we had a few visitors (without their El Caminos) who are regulars at Maikel Joosten’s spectacular El Camino show in Meijel, The Netherlands.

As one member commented in an earlier post, he was surprised, and pleased, that unlike a normal “car show”, the participants in our event were less interested in winning a trophy than visiting with other people who share their experiences and love for these wonderful vehicles. IMHO, there can be no better indicator of success than that.

THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING AND PARTICIPATING.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
I wish I could have been there. Sounds and looks like an epic event.:hail2:

Thanks to everyone who helped make this come together.

Special thanks go to elcaminogeno for starting this whole thing 2.5 yrs. ago.

And on another note you made a slight mistake: "On another sad (non-travel related note) Deanna Glaze (Elly Girl) a frequent participant and well loved member of Region 13 suffered a medical event after arrival and is hospitalized in Arlington. As of last evening, recovery is looking positive but, please let her know you keeping her in your thoughts and prayers." Instead of saying Region 13 it should say "The whole world" Love ya lady. Get better soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,139 Posts
Well done gang! This was a historical event. Let us not forget though Ken and his troups worked for over two years to go from "What if" to "Wow" That is no small task. It proves what great leadership and dedicate members we have. Well done to all.

:hail2:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Well done gang! This was a historical event. Let us not forget though Ken and his troups worked for over two years to go from "What if" to "Wow" That is no small task. It proves what great leadership and dedicate members we have. Well done to all.

:hail2:
X2!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Great time, new friends and old friends and the weather on Saturday was the BEST. Thanks to all the camino angels :hail2:whom put this together. Let's do it again ! ! !

·
Registered
460 Posts
Best El Camino Show ever IMHO!!!! Thank you Ken & your Awesome Crew, well done!! Get well Elly Girl!!! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
We had a great time speaking with the members and looking at our members pride and joy. Beautiful show and El Camino's. Great show and work by our leadership and volunteers. Thanks too all again. Rich

·
Premium Member
12,540 Posts
It was so cool seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!!
One of the best parts for me was seeing all the out of state licensing plates!!
Way to cool. :hail2:
Donny

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Well done guys!! It was a great event, rainy start and beautiful finish. And super cool to meet so many that I had previously known only through the forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks to everyone for a great event and weekend. The work that went into putting this together can not be appreciated enough. It was great to meet and spend time with all of you.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
My son, who took charge of my truck while I was "vacationing" in the hospital, had an awesome time and was very impressed. Am sure none of us know how many, many long hours of work was put into presenting this show. Hope everyone involved knows how much you are loved and appreciated. Well done. Can't tell you how much I missed meeting everyone, but am blessed by all the kind words and warm wishes.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,518 Posts
It was world class, it was epic, and unforgettable. And it was that good because of all the people who took the time, spent a dime, and showed up ready to have a good time. Thanks go out to everyone who attended, Elky or not. Because without you, it would have just been several organizers standing around an empty parking lot looking dejected. But you showed, 150 Elkys strong, and showed everyone how it's done! :cool2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have posted 3 walk around videos on the facebook page and youtube. Apologies to anyone I missed as more came in after I videoed.

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,497 Posts
I’m extremely jealous of all who were able to attend, and like possibly the rest of that couldnt for whatever reason make it, I feel like I died a little bit inside.

·
Registered
412 Posts
This was a great event and I feel privileged to have been able to attend. Special thanks to Ken, Les and Vicky, Josh, and everyone else who lent a hand big or small. You guys are the artists who make something out of nothing. The world is a better place.

·
Registered
921 Posts
two years in the making and on the bucket list ,I hope that I am around for a 75th.What a great time and great bunch of new friends.
Thank you to those that worked so hard to put the Celebration together.
Get well Ellygirl.
as many smiles for so many miles made it a walk around the park.
I am still in a cloud.
Thank you to all .

1 - 20 of 41 Posts