El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of today, May 24, 2017, the 60th Anniversary of the El Camino is made up of the NECOA members shown below. These names will change as members are dropped due to non-participation, and new members are added as needed. This committee will be steering the planning, direction, and implementation of what can truly be a historic event. Everybody needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and work at this project. Many, many, THANKS to all of the volunteers who are on the list.................Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Ready to get to work.:infinity:

:nana2:(that banana keeps jumping in)

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,518 Posts
Looks like a great team! :beer:

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New Member of Committee

Please welcome our newest member of our 60th Steering Committee - Tim McQuigg, AKA "minoridertim". This addition is most appropriate as it's looking more and more that our event will be in Tim's home State.....................Ken

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Looks like we are in business with the date and place for the 60th event. How about a roll call of the members of the steering committee.

This is elcaminogeno and I'm ready to rumble.

Thanks, Geno.

:usa:

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Watching And Waiting

I'm here. Just as soon as I can put the Calendars and Zazzle difficulties to bed, I'll get back to work on the 60th. Right now there are no pressing issues, other than to put together a dependable crew of local members who can start the footwork. I would like to begin a list of tasks to be dealt with, and a realistic timeline for the accomplishment of critical tasks. More on that in a few days..................Ken

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,047 Posts
Just had a thought. It looks like Six Flags closes at first part of Oct. and opens again for Halloween, maybe look into using their parking lot while they are closed. That would give us plenty of room for parking, and signs are already posted for directions.

Tim

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A Consideration.................

Good idea, Tim. I'll put that in my notes for consideration..............Ken

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
Another option nearby is the Texas Motor Speedway. It's technically in Fort Worth, but right in the same general location as Arlington. :dontknow:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts