El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My quest concerning the odd holes in my dash led me to this interesting article concerning the differences between the 64 and 65 intrument clusters and the elusive dash top clock. This is a very interesting read for anyone working on the early 2nd generation trucks.

Though this article is "dated". After a through search or our forums I found no mention of it.

http://www.trueconnections.com/articles/64-65_gauges

I found a NON-WORKING (nasty looking) original dash top clock for the 1st version of the 64 for $325.00. Passed...! grrr

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Some great investigative work, AXEMAN ! We have learned a little something new thanks to your dash find. I don't think I have ever seen one of these clocks in all these years, but, I can't remember what I had for breakfast either.
Have you decided what you will do now that price for one of these is so high? All this makes me think of a song that went> "Does anybody really know what time it is, does anybody really care?". For $325.00 I will stick with a wristwatch.
:secret:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
AXEMAN, there is a NOS dash mounted clock listed on ebay for $1199.00 !!
Look under chevelle dash mounted clock
item # 130496869174. PRICEY!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that! Flipped out. It's the wrong model for the 64, and, the holes I have match the early 64 and not the last half of the year!

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I'll stick with my wristwatch.:secret: check out my garage

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looks like a corvair dash top clock was very similar. I'm going to by a "normal" dash pad, save my metal (padded cover), and cover the holes up until I can find what I really want!

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
You could always mount a bobble head Nobama on your dash:secret:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts