El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. I purchased a 64 El Camino in February and the previous owner did a power steering conversion. Unfortunately the power steering gearbox is worn (Saginaw) and I need to replace. I would like to install a quick ratio steering box.

Does anyone know if a 1977 Trans AM quick ratio steering box fit? Any recommendations?

Thanks....Dave

·
Deputy Director Site Contributor
1,457 Posts
Dave,I'm not sure if that will fit or not. Iam sure someone here will be able to answer that for you. On another note will you be attending our Pismo Beach get together in July. You are not far from there.

·
Deputy Director, Region 3 PA (west)
1,592 Posts
Newbie here. I purchased a 64 El Camino in February and the previous owner did a power steering conversion. Unfortunately the power steering gearbox is worn (Saginaw) and I need to replace. I would like to install a quick ratio steering box.

Does anyone know if a 1977 Trans AM quick ratio steering box fit? Any recommendations?

Thanks....Dave
You should be OK with fit. The newer metric cars, such as the '78 and later models usually don't interchange. The T/A boxes of the 70's were a sought-after piece for earlier GM "A" body cars.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts