El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Got the carb back from mountain man, and this time it's working.

Car runs okay, a little hesitant/boggy once the secondaries kick in, so I assume it needs a tune, or it may be the gas that is the issue (It has not been run in several months until now).

But now I have another issue. The impala has a total of six tail lights, 4 run/brake/directional lights, and 2 reverse lights.

Reverse lights work just fine.

Brake lights function only on the two right lamps.

The right turn signals function without issue.

Left turn signals do not work.

Brake lights do not function on the left.

Running lights work on all 4 lamps, however, one of the running lights on the left side is always on 'high' whenever it is plugged into the housing, but is on low otherwise.

Here's the kicker, the sockets for the running/brake/directional lamps are self grounded. There is no ground wire running between them.

Ideas?

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
the wiring harness splits off of one main loom (can't remember if it's in the trunk, or behind the back bumper). the hot wires for the left side are broken or shorted. If the main loom had a problem, passengers side definately would not work, so it's between the split and the lights on the left side. maybe just old wires or one has rubbed a hole in the insulation. Self grounded sockets don't ground if they're too corroded.

:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swapped the sockets jic after this post, with no improvement, so I'll have to look at those wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts