El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, HULKAMINO here. I have a 1965 El Camino I found in Brownsfield, Tx over a year ago. El Caminos have been my dream car since I was 10 years old and saw my friend's dad's 1971 El Camino with a roaring 454 and white racing stripes. My little lady was an abused drag racing car with a frankenstein 350 turned 383. no wheel wells, random van seats, patches on the floor pan, half a dash shelf, holes all over the fire wall for makeshift wiring and a million and one other things wrong. For the last year I've used much of my time reading, planning, designing, building my garage, and enlarging my tool collection. I knew some things were going to need more than one person so I had to find a partner...I recruited my girlfriend haha. At first she knew next to nothing about cars but over time she learned what she needed to and practiced when possible. She eventually bought a 1958 apache fleet side for her dad who had one when he was 17. We've worked more on the Apache than my El Camino but that partially because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I've taken pictures whenever possible not only for my own notes but also to show other people that might have questions. I still have over 90% to go on finishing this monster but it's something I look forward to very much so. I enjoy taking pictures of my work and being detailed so please please please, if anybody wants to see any process done, let me know and I will most likely be able to do it with instructions and list of tools or parts needed. I look forward to knowing everyone.

Stay fast my friends,

HULKAMINO

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,714 Posts
Welcome from Florida ! :florida: We like Pics ! :beer:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Welcome! Welcome! So happy to have you and your GF aboard!!
It was nice meeting you two, yesterday!! Can't wait to follow your build thread when you start it!!
Welcome to the family! :beer:

·
Registered
257 Posts
:Welcome!:
:texas:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Welcome from mid-Michigan.

Doug

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice ride dude!!!!
:You_Rock:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Welcome from Canada. It's no 64 but close enough. Nice ride and welcome to the money pit. How about some pictures of the 58 apache fleet side, always loved those trucks.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Welcome to the group. It was good to meet you all at the show yeasterday.
Great looking ride.:texas:

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
Welcome, from the other side of Texas :texas:

Tim

·
Registered
203 Posts
So this looks familiar to you?

Welcome to the site! Have fun with your elky, No project is ever finished or takes too long :beer:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome from Dallas! Glad you joined. Looks like you've got a great build going there! :texas:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey all, I'll be posting some pics of the fleet side when I get home. I dont have those pictures on this computer but they'll be up soon! To everyone who my girlfriend and I met yesterday in Frisco, Tx it was nice meeting you all and we look forward to more events!

Stay fast my friends,
HULKAMINO:texas:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts