El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our '65 Came without any factory hood latching parts either on the core support or the hood underside. It appears that a few vendors are selling the support piece that goes between the grille and the core support as well as the lower latch that bolts above the aforementioned support, but no one seems to sell anything that bolts to the underside of the hood. Isn't there something kind of flattened u kind of thing that the lower "hook" hooks on when the hood is down? Does anyone have a pic of one of these? Does anyone know where I can get one? Seems non-repro '64-'65 stuff is difficult to come by.

But with the cheapo stupid keyed hood pins that were on ours (and when they broke the hood stood tall in front of our windshield!) broke, I want all original stuff back on it.

Jay

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I may have spotted some on eBay, but can someone post some pics so I know what IO am suppose to have on ours?

Jay

Still can't figure out why I can't edit prior posts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was able to find all the pieces, including hinges, at a classic car wrecking yard here in Phoenix. Had to get them from a '65 El Camino and Chevelle, but they all match up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts