El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace rusted door window tracks on my 1966 El Camino. Anyone have pictures and dimensions of originals. I need to find replacement sash channel. Roller channels are usable. Need placement dimensions of roller channel to sash channel. Found some channel that is close but not exact size of original. a little taller and I think it will show when window is in the up position. Anyone dealt with this problem?

Dwight 66

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Dwight, my 66 is in for re-spray with the door panel off. I will probably go to the shop sometime for a progress visit and could take measurements or take them when I get it back at the end of August. Need more info on exactly what you want measured. Maybe a picture of yours and you can point the pieces out.
Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. Not able to take a picture because the items I need dims on are rusted completely. I will try to describe them. The sash channels are what the door windows set in and spot welded to the bottom of them are the roller channels. This is where the rollers of the actuator fit. I have roller channels and can purchase some channel from steelrubber.com. not the exact channel but will have to make due if I cannot find the correct formed and size channel. What I need are the length of the channel that retains the glass. I need pictures of the right and left window bottoms to see exactly how the roller channels look when they are attached to the retaining channel. The roller channels have a small bracket attached to the bottom to make contact with the window stop that is in the lower part of the door. Since the small bracket is not centered on the roller bracket, i need to see which way the long and short ends of the brackets face. I am thinking that what you find on one door will be the same on the other door. i am thinking that the long side of the roller bracket faces the short end of the sash channel. which brings up the measurement of exactly where the roller bracket should be attached to the sash bracket. I do know that it is not centered on the sash channel. the glass should be 30" long at the bottom and I think that the sash channel is 28.75" long. I would think that the glass would be centered in the sash channel, just not positive. I have probably confused you. Just think of it as a project you need to do. You have 2 roller channels, 2 sash channels and you need to put them together at the correct positions like the ones you will be getting the info from. Really appreciate the help.
Dwight66

1 - 3 of 3 Posts