El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new member here, name is Tony, I live in Sacramento and my elcamino is a 66 super low budget custom with a 454 out of a 78 silverado and I'm in the middle of putting in a zf6 6 speed out of a 90 vette, it has a 12 bolt posi with 4.11s and the whole car is lowered on some 5 spoke 17s, has a 2 tone primer paint right now with grey on top and black on the bottom. Total work in progress, only have about 6k invested so far all the work was done by me and my dad in my dads driveway

·
Senior Member Participating Member
814 Posts
Welcome

Welcome from San Jose. Sounds like you intend to drag race it. If you do maybe we'll see one another @ Infinion. I'd like to see what mine would do. So I could tell Sharp71 just how fast it is. Again,welcome My66elky.:yell: T.Bland

·
Registered
591 Posts
sounds like it's gonna be alot of fun keep us posted and welcome:smileyb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the welcomes, as for racing it, I wasn't planning on it I just always wanted a big block elky, then once I put the 454 in I "had" to beef up the rest of the driveline, I actually drive it daily, the motor is still stock from the 78 and I still have the original 6 cyl fuel lines so I can only race it till my carb runs out of gas haha

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Welcome from Orange County! It's nice to see another 2nd gen being restored. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Tony did that trans bolt up to the vintage bellhousing ? Is 6th an OD ? I would like to make a move from my 4 spd to a 5/6 on my 64

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm posting the whole process with pics in the trans forum with pics. And no it didnt fit on the old bell, I got one that mostly worked with the purchase of the tranny

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The last 2 gears of the zf6 are considered OD .70-1 and .50-1, and it is rated over 500 lbs of torque, that's why I picked it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts