El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
so i sold my 65 and bought a 67 327/4spd. it's in way better shape body wise, but a couple little things need to be tidied up. here's my first thing. as you can see, the shifter boot is ripped and needs replacing, but there are several versions available on OPG, Ecklers, etc.
i don't know if this is the original set up, just wondering if anyone knows what model or style of boot i should be looking for? it's a hurst 4 speed, no reverse lock out.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
That is a HURST boot AND shift lever
Might have a look to see if you have a Hurst Competition Plus shifter in there---means crawling under the car.

If you do have a Hurst shifter Assy., the floor or tunnel hump may have been massaged.

For a correct shift boot and ring, I think you will have to do the E-bay thing as I am not certain those
pieces are available in the aftermarket for a bench seat-no console.

They are available for the Console equipped cars --- but those will not work for you---much different.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
There will be a HURST logo on the shifter body-----the part that bolts to the trans.

You could remove the current boot and check to see if it has
shift stop bolts-----these prevent an over shift, and I have only seen them on a Hurst.
Have not seen them on a Muncie shifter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts