El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,971 Posts
Hi Abee Banks, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. Your 67 is a very nice project El Camino. I understand about time and money situation. I hope you can figure out a way to continue the build in honor of your father.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh Pa. It needs a lot of work but I would go for it. A little at a time when you have time and some money. Good luck Russ

·
Registered
3 Posts
a perfect platform for a low buck rat rod style cruiser. I hope to see some updates on this ol girl. stage 1, get her to fire off. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The restoration is too much for me at present.
I’m looking to sell as is and buy a later model just for enjoyment!

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,562 Posts
Abee , Welcome from the Florida Keys and glad you found NECOA . You asked for our opinions , so respectfully here is mine . Being an El Camino nut since 1970 , my first thought is that it would be pretty cool to restore your father`s old 67 and that your father would appreciate it . I would think that he would be proud that you considered restoration but he would also not want to burden you with the time , effort and cost that you would incur ; especially , that you do not seem to be a mechanic type , have the money etc , etc. As oldjohn said you can do it as a rat rod and save some money . When I see the photos of what needs to be done , the amount and location of the rust tells me that as you mentioned , get another El Camino or do something else for you and your family in the name of your father`s memory . I can only imagine what the underside of the car looks like . You could make a list of what needs to be done , the time it would take , who and where the work would be done and I think the actual cost would be sky high for what you would end up with . Good luck and the best to you and your family .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts