El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to replace the frame of my driver's side vent window - the hinge part is broken. I could buy the whole vent assembly, but I prefer only the frame, window, and hinge. My window is tinted and can be reused if needed.

If someone knows of a reproduction please tell me, I can't find anywhere to buy this part. Also, I'm assuming 68-72 would use the same one but if that is not true mine is a 1971.

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
68 - 72 are interchangeable BUT there was a design change to top hinge I think in 70. I needed a pair because of broken top hinges. I put da word out here and members did respond.

Attachments

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,092 Posts
I might have a set for a '68-'69, remember having them awhile back, but need to check when I get over to my shop.

Will let you know in a day or so. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please do post pics and let me know how we can arrange for it. Again, I only need the driver's side. Today I found one in Ohio, but quite a bit of rust on the bottom section so I don't plan to buy it unless there is no other option...

Thx, Ed

·
2,092 Posts
Been really busy last few days, sorry, will find them and post some pic's!

·
2,092 Posts
Ed, Sorry, but don't seem to have any, must have sold them and don't remember.....have a case of CRS!

Bruce

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to go buy a lottery ticket, one just showed upon eBay for $50 plus shipping so I bought it. No rust, and tinted glass so it makes my life easier.

Thanks everyone for looking...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts