El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We did the deconstruction. I'm having the same shop that did my Camino do the engine and tubs.

My dad installed the front suspension and steering components. As well as cleaning and painting the subframe.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@kat0069 Your Dad does excellent work. God willing I’ll be 59 this May. Hope to have the health, energy and strength when I’m 68 like he to keep wrenching. Stay safe, especially Dad...high risk age and all...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
AND here she is bolted into the subframe, we found that the tail shaft of the trans needed to be replaced from the accident so we are waiting on that before it can be completely set down.

We are debating possibly moving the engine back 1-2 inches since I'll be running a ZL1 supercharger hat, I want to see it with long tube headers on first to make sure there won't be any interference. Stage 3 Texas Speed cam is ordered along with Rollmaster single row timing set. I will be replacing the stock GM rocker arms with true roller rockers to get rid of the weak trunions / needle bearings at a later date, so I did not order the trunion kit that Texas Speed offers. I found out the engine only has 43k miles and transmission only has 27k miles on it, and the V that it came from was a front end collision. Rod shop looked at the crank when they pulled the factory oil pan to install the Holley unit and said nothing appeared to be wrong. All the accessory drive that came on the motor was still in good shape and didn't appear damaged either.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
6L90E is mounted up, Texas speed stage 3 cam is installed and the Holley Terminator X Max is in house. Will be firing it up soon. Not going to be drive-able yet, but fired up anyway.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
21 - 27 of 27 Posts