El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So I got all the 68 bed moldings re-chromed and installed except the bed molding that goes directly underneath the rear window. There seems to be a row of double edge plastic clips that should hold the molding in place. Is there a trick to install this last piece do I place the lip of the molding over the top edge of the row of clips and than pound the bottom edge to snap into place or is it vise versa bottom edge than snap the top into place? Please help because I don't want to break these brittle clips.

thanks,
Cali

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Guys,

So I got all the 68 bed moldings re-chromed and installed except the bed molding that goes directly underneath the rear window. There seems to be a row of double edge plastic clips that should hold the molding in place. Is there a trick to install this last piece do I place the lip of the molding over the top edge of the row of clips and than pound the bottom edge to snap into place or is it vise versa bottom edge than snap the top into place? Please help because I don't want to break these brittle clips.

thanks,
Cali
I just finished installing the bed molding in my 70, and what worked out best for the front piece was to hook it to the bottom of the clips, then snap it on along the top edge. The only pounding I did was with my palm.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I'm about to do this same trim piece below the back window job and Rocky described it exactly how I'm going to do it on my 70. Those clips are tougher than they appear.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just finished installing the bed molding in my 70, and what worked out best for the front piece was to hook it to the bottom of the clips, then snap it on along the top edge. The only pounding I did was with my palm.
"So I got all the 68 bed moldings re-chromed"
All the bed molding on my all original '68 are stainless steel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts