El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
68, non-A/C with kick panel vents. Where is the fresh air inlet for these vents? Under the cowl? Somewhere else? I want to improve the air flow in these vents and am open to suggestions. Not interested in going with A/C.

thanks!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
68, non-A/C with kick panel vents. Where is the fresh air inlet for these vents? Under the cowl? Somewhere else? I want to improve the air flow in these vents and am open to suggestions. Not interested in going with A/C.

thanks!

and it seems to have some extra info about airflow and if you want to install a/c

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crazy, I was just reading that thread. The last pic in it showed a port on the outboard side that looked like an air inlet to the kick panel vent. I'll investigate that...Thanks

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Crazy, I was just reading that thread. The last pic in it showed a port on the outboard side that looked like an air inlet to the kick panel vent. I'll investigate that...Thanks
I have a 1967 Impala convertible with factory a/c and the same type kick panel vent. here's what my cowl/firewall looks like

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a duct that goes right to the vent. Both sides have it, so It looks as though that the cowl vents are the intake for the kick panels. Needs a fan, just sayin'...

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
There is a duct that goes right to the vent. Both sides have it, so It looks as though that the cowl vents are the intake for the kick panels. Needs a fan, just sayin'...
well, my full size impala is designed differently, but it looks like the air still comes in at the top of the cowl. I'll dig up my manual and see if it has anything in there about the routing of the ducts/fan

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Did this car ever have AC? because if it did, the drivers floor vent is covered and there is a vacuum actuated door right in the passenger side air inlet. This was for air recirculation for the AC Max selection..

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not that I'm aware of. I'll have to decode the Vin to be sure. I'll look inside the kick panels this week. I want to assess whether or not I can put fans in there to assist air circulation at slow speeds.

·
Registered
1969 SS396
135 Posts
Following this thread as the previous owner removed all the air conditioning parts of my 69, but I was looking for a way to open it back up and get that fresh air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts