El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some 15x8 Cragar Quick Tricks for my 68, and I'm told a few different things about them- like the offset should be 0-20 and the Cragar 15x8's aren't in that range? Anyways, Discount tire says they will fit & has ordered them for me..they say they are being custom made (takes 2 weeks)..can they change an offset in a custom made wheel? Just dont want to be dissapointed if they show up and they dont fit!!?
BTW- can I post this under wheels? Cuz its telling me I cant post there =( I'm new..:dontknow:

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a '68, and have 17's, I think they are American Racing Eagles, I picked them up used. I don't know the offset (Backspacing) - but what I wanted to advise you of is if you have front disc brakes, the two-piston type, the calipers are huge and the offset of the front wheels, whatever it is, needs to be correct so that the calipers don't rub. Sorry I can't be more help, I can't get to the car right now to measure the backspacing. They probably know what they are doing - as long as you specified what kind of brakes you have (drum/disc).

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.