El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 69 El Camino has had the 4 Seasons system mostly removed under the hood. I figure I'll fix all that as I get time and money. Since it's still winter here I'd like to have heat and defrost for now. Problem is The control panel doesn't seem to do anything except Make the fan come on. Both heater lines are getting hot, So I should have something. I've found 2 of the 3 Bowden cables. They're attached to nothing at the control box. Where do they go and what do they do? HELP!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My new 69 El Camino has had the 4 Seasons system mostly removed under the hood. I figure I'll fix all that as I get time and money. Since it's still winter here I'd like to have heat and defrost for now. Problem is The control panel doesn't seem to do anything except Make the fan come on. Both heater lines are getting hot, So I should have something. I've found 2 of the 3 Bowden cables. They're attached to nothing at the control box. Where do they go and what do they do? HELP!!!
No replies. That's disappointing. So maybe this will help someone else. Take your glove box and the lower steering column cover off. You can see almost everything then. The Temp cable is the top cable on the controller and goes to the far right of the box. The Diverter cable is in the middle position of the controller and goes to the middle position of the box. The Defroster cable is the lowest on the controller and goes to the left side of the box. (It goes inside the box.) If you manually set these doors at about mid-position, you should get some heat and defroster action. Now my biggest problem is there's about a 1 inch gap between the box and the defroster ductwork. The Factory Assembly manual shows a transition duct between the box and the dash vents. I'm now wondering if I missed an additional duct between the box and the defroster vents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts