El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 69 ss396 painted and now i'm reassembling it. I didn't get back my emblems or marker lights or the clips to hold the chrome on. my question is how do the front marker lights connect to the front fender? i dont see any holes. I don't have the lights or bezels yet to see. help please

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Mine is out for paint at the moment also and its been about 6 weeks since I took it apart but from looking at the markers in my bucket of parts the chrome bezel goes on the outside of the fender and bolts through to the marker light on the inside of the fender.

I also remember some small square plastic push in nuts kinda like for a license plate only smaller, but that might not be the front.

Pics of mine stripped down are at the picturetrail link in my signature line if it helps, under the paint pics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The chrome goes in from the outside then the light goes in from the back . The holes in the light go onto the pins on the chrome then the acorn nuts go on the pins . The chrome is bigger than the hole in the fender and when you bolt it together that's what holds it on . I have a 69 Chevelle .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is out for paint at the moment also and its been about 6 weeks since I took it apart but from looking at the markers in my bucket of parts the chrome bezel goes on the outside of the fender and bolts through to the marker light on the inside of the fender.

I also remember some small square plastic push in nuts kinda like for a license plate only smaller, but that might not be the front.

Pics of mine stripped down are at the picturetrail link in my signature line if it helps, under the paint pics.
I hope it gets painted faster than mine,first shop had it over two years so I took it to someone else who had it for 6 months then decided he didn't want to do it. that is how parts got lost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts