El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 70-72 steering wheel I don't wanna spend alot cause i don't know if it will work on my 80 but I wanna try, so let me know if you have anything.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
wheel

How about one like this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Not a pic of mine, grabbed it off the web. I have no clue what is in the baggie....PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
hey Canted, what did that come off of? That's what mine looks like, so must be original equipment for an 83, cause everyone knows mine is totally stock.

would I lie? :dontknow:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
It does have the '4 spoke' similarity. Looks to be some sort of rubber coated and not sticky like originals (like mine) have come to be with age. Just observing here. I do not have one for sale or trade.:beer:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Those are camaro steering wheels. Have one on my 78. I think the monza had them too.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
The one I have was on a 71 El Camino when I bought it. Chevy used these on several models, even the Vega GT. I have seen them listed for Chevelle/Elco, possibly an option.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The one I have was on a 71 El Camino when I bought it. Chevy used these on several models, even the Vega GT. I have seen them listed for Chevelle/Elco, possibly an option.
I believe they are option NK4 (Could be wrong on that), but they are correct for a '71/'72 Camino.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Correct, NK4 option for 71-72 with blue bow-tie emblem. To get the "sticky" off, try using autobody degreaser and a clean cotton rag. A little bit of elbow grease and it'll look and feel like new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts