El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The last pieces of chrome on my car to be removed are these upper door pieces that are outside clamped over the window frame. There are no You Tube videos for this and a search here turned up two pages but nothing about how to remove this chrome. It is squeezed on very tightly.

Anybody have ideas on how it comes off and goes back on?

Many thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Rick,

Your advice was spot on and those four pieces of trim are now safely removed from both doors and . . . undamaged. As you were so good to point out, go slowly and take small "bites" at loosening it.

I also found that inserting a flat screwdriver into the areas that get loosened keeps some outward tension on the piece which makes your next removal / loosening bite with the can opener just that more efficient. All in all, I think it took me about 20 minutes to get all four pieces off the car.

Many thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
More help

I'm new here and have been looking for advice regarding replacement of the door frame trim. I did manage to get the old trim off, but am looking for advice/tips to install the new trim without doing any damage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, thanks for taking time to reply. Do you start by hooking the trim on the outside of the frame or the inside? Or doesn't it make much difference?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you guys referring to the chrome piece covering the drip rail on top of window frame? If so, I tried to get passenger side off, needless to say I Fed it all up. So Have left drivers side alone. If the church key is the ticket, I may try it. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts