El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My name is Ken I'm in Snellville, Ga. and I am the proud owner of a 1970 SS396 El Camino. It has a Protecto-Plate from the original owner and a numbers matching block, (now) working factory air and under 100,000 miles when I located it. It hadn't run in 15 years so it took a little care to make it run again and I've installed suspension upgrades including tubular control arms and coilovers and front and rear Hotchkis sway bars. The engine now has aluminum heads, intake, a Lunati cam and full length Hedman Hedders. All of the cast iron parts on the engine that I could swap for aluminum including the compressor and water pump I did and saved a total of 180 lbs. from the front end! I weighed everything so I'm sure of the figure. I also saved the old parts so a purist can put it all back someday if I ever sell it. The Edelbrock TBI is going on next weekend and the interior is almost done. I registered for Motorama at AMS in April so I can park with everyone there and I can't wait to meet everybody! :nana2:

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Welcome to the group. Lots of help around here but it appears that you are already set to go. Well done.

Rick

·
Registered
844 Posts
darn, sounds like santa was good to you! I'd lov to shed a few pounds in the front end. Looking forward to seeing the final build. Did you have to do anything to the original block?

From Ken to Ken

·
Premium Member
8,132 Posts
Hi Ken, welcome from Idaho. Glad you're here. That sounds like a very sweet 70 El Camino. Have fun here and with your 70 El Camino.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts