El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and Girls it's time to spend more money,, I have a 70 , with a 502,, looking to change out sway bars,, and suspension, looking to do it the right wat the first time,what is good stuff to get , what stuff to stay away from, also going to change the springs after 42 years i thing it's about time ,also going to replace the body mounts,,, I just want everything to be done right:nanawrench:All this thinking about spending money makes me want a COLD:beer: thanks guys:You_Rock:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I have a 1.25" bar in front and a 1" in the rear and like the feel. Just stay away from "bargain" suspension parts. Probably China junk.

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
I just installed a Hotchkis trailing arm kit (upper adjustable) in my 70 along with new gears, shocks and springs. No rear sway bar yet but I'm real satisfied with Hotchkis.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I have adjustable uppers as well. Got them from a guy on ebay that makes them himself. High quality and he uses a "helm" joint at the frame mount. This takes out the inherent bind of the converging four link. You can instantly feel this when you drive it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your help:nanawrench: I would like to know more about the stuff on Ebay,, Canted !!! I will not buy cheep China crap !!!!!!! I think that i will go with Hotchkis unless there is something better out there !! I'm having trouble getting it to hook up , it just blows the tires off, also i'm going to try a 10X15 rim with 5.5 back spacing ? I think it will fit, with a drag radial,,, I'm not after a 10 sec ride , just a Quick El Camino:nanawrench: that I can have fun with, :) you guys rock:You_Rock: Life is too much fun ,, time for a :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts