El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 700R4 has a single male spade connector on the drivers side; not the usual 4pin connector. Has anybody seen one like this before? All the aftermarket transmission shops reference the 4-pin connector; my shop manual even states that all 700 trans are equiped with the 4-pin connector. Not mine:dontknow:. I have looked at the lock-up control kit from B&M; their kit for the 700 shows only one wire that needs to be connected to pin A of the 4-pin connector. Question is: could the one wire be the only wire I need to connect to the single male spade connector on my tranny? :dontknow:

Here's some history: I purchased the tranny from a shop in Lancaster Californis back in 2004. It has run good; no problems. Last year, I moved to Texas and I am in the middle of converting my GMC over to FI; along with complete re-wire. Without the computer, I need to install an aftermarket converter lock-up control. I pulled all the wiring out, including the computer. All the wiring is intact, not cut up. Now for the life of me, I can't find the connector on the harnes that plugged into the tranny. I tried calling the shop where I purchased the tranny - too late in the day, closed. I'll try them on Monday.

Thanks,
Larry

·
TrannyMike
2,807 Posts
It's not stock. A single spade connector would be from a TH400. I would guess the trans has a modified lock-up circuitry. It will require you too connect it to battery voltage. You need to pull the pan and see if it's running a pressure switch in the circuit(I bet it is). If it is then you could should find the power lead from the brake switch and connect it to that. :beer:

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Thanks Mike for the input. I haven't had a chance to pull the pan (trans is sitting on a mover's dolly) but I did search thru my papers and found the build sheet for the tranny. I believe you're spot on - the converter clutch locks up in 4th and will unlock when the brake is applied.

Thanks again,
Larr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts