El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says no overdrive no lockup. I replaced the tccs and when ow no overdrive or lockip. What controls 4th gear in a 700 r4???
Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks woody out

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
you have a servo, and a pressure switch,single wire to the pressure sender,its all in the trans. 12 volts to the servo, give mike a call he is 2 hours behind us !!i always run mine to a toggle,no vacuum.:beer:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Single wire is hooked up. Two wires on other pressure switch. Thought i had it backwards took pan off swapped wires now 1.2.3. No overdrive no o lockup. There is another pressure switch with 2the prongs n no wires to it. I wonder if i put wires on wrong pressure switch? ???
Tjanks for the reply ......cheers

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should have said this is in my wagon....motor n trans is from. 92 buic
shoild be all stockthe setup bought it thids way po did the swapk roadmaster with the ecm....

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should have said this is in my wagon....motor n trans is from. 92 buic
shoild be all stockthe setup bought it thids way po did the swapk roadmaster with the ecm....

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
help

took pan off and swapped the wires on the pressure switch and still no 4th gear or lock up can somebody please help me thanks​

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could somebody please help me......
This is the 4up or 5th time please somebody help......before i do something i will.regret.....thanks

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Sounds to me like you already did something you regret!

I could look in the 700r4 in my garage to see what's hooked up where. It's still stock and unmolested.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i tried mike no luck,,,, mr blanche if ya couold take a look and tell me what goes where that would be a start, thanks in advance,,,,cheers

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
it will shift into 4 with no wires at all hooked up .the wires only control the converter lockup and signals to the ecm

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no shift into od at all ,,,, was working before i swapped tccs ,,,, im lost
thanks for the reply :beer:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have a single wire like that but 2 other pressure switches im lost,,,,,
is that trans good??
it would go ito overdrive before i swapped out the tork convertor solinoid just no lock up , after i swapped out the soliniod it wont shift into 4th gear HELP PLZ

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
what did you change ?the control solenoid? 700 uses a combination of the second gear band and the third clutches for od . did you check the forth switch to be sure it wasnt blown out ? if it shifts second and third fine it should be a control issue.maybe the servo lost a ring or a stuck valve somewhere in the valve body. does it try to shift or go into a slip when it tries to shift? are the other shifts on time and normal ?

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
all other shifts are normal,, it does not try to shift at all and does not slip at all, it shifted into od before the tccs swap just no lock up when we test drove it no 4th gear ,,,, dont know what could have happened,, i pulled the pan the other day and swapped wires in pressure switch,,, no help,,, i tried tranny mike but no help there,,,,i am about to go crazy aand trans fluid aint cheap so,,,,, any ideas thanks ccc for your time,,,,,,

1 - 20 of 44 Posts