El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey- I was just looking around the members cars area and was looking at the pics of your car- I LOVE IT!

My car will need a repaint in the next year or so, and I have been considering white(my old 69 elky was white too) but hadn't found ANY decent pics of white 70 elkys... So i'm very grateful to have found yours! I think it has convinced me to go back to white!!!
:cool:

Don't worry though- my car won't be an exact twin ;-)
My hood stripes will be the same dark red color that my car is now, and it'll probably get a vinyl top at the same time...

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for posting the pics!
Your car is now my desktop wallpaper here at work! :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey Ben!

Just got back from a week vacation, saw your post...Wow, what can I say!

Thank you so much for the kind post! I'm glad my pictures have helped you in narrowing down your final choice of colors. White can be very hard to explain without seeing a couple done up. A lot of people think plain white can make your car look like a home appliance rolling down the road. :lol: I have had so many compliments on my car with a lot of people telling me they love the color combo. My car is so simple if you think about it. I tried to keep it that way. Not to flashly but extremely clean, sharp and keep that classic look.

My first car was a '69 Camaro RS that was in the factory Dover white. I loved that car and the color. I was so happy to have white again.

That is one of the things I love about our site...we can all share things with each other to help make our rides even better!

And don't worry about having your car looking to close to mine. I would take it as a huge compliment!

Hey don't good guy's always wear white? :wink:

Dave

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey Ben,

Sent you an email of a pic. Still have not figured out how to post a pic here yet. Check it out and tell me what you think!

dave

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey dave- I checked all my mail accounts, and i didn't get any new pics...
Could you try again? [email protected]

Or upload them to your members car album here and then reply with the link?

THanks man!
Ben

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've always thought that some cars look good in white and others just do not - yours looks good! I also have a '71 Vette and am looking for a mid-year Vette - I don't like either of those body styles in white at all. I guess it just depends on the lines of the car and other embellishments. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts