El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what else i need to swap front clips from a 71 to a 69 elcamino. I know the front clip fenders, hood, lights, core support and bumper. But is there anything else i would need to complete the project

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would like to know what else i need to swap front clips from a 71 to a 69 elcamino. I know the front clip fenders, hood, lights, core support and bumper. But is there anything else i would need to complete the project
I think that's about it.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Inner fenders, I think? :dontknow: Not sure though, I believe they are slightly different tho. Wiring harness will need to be modded to operate the dual headlamps, it could be as simple as plugging in the earlier harness there too though, not sure. I modified a Suburban that I swapped from single to dual lights though, it is a simple procedure.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
BTW I've always wanted to do this swap to my '71 too, I love the look of the '68-'69 front even better than the '70 that most people like. Let us know how it ends up! :nanawrench:

·
932 Posts
If you were lucky enough to have a 69 donor vehicle you could first remove the bumper , wiring ,and rad/shroud,,,,,, and then take the hood,hinges , fenders , inner fenders, rad support ,header panel ,headlight buckets ,headlights , bezels ,grill etc all off in one piece and place it on the 71 .Itis an easiest way to do the swap ,2 people can carry the clip easy enough. Wish I had that clip for my 72 .Really like the 68/69 look better .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts