El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rusted out 72 smuggler's box floor board. I have a 68-72 Dynacorn under the rear seat GM A-Body (Chevelle) panel but the contours don't look the same. Pictures of the 64-67 A-Body panel look much closer to the actual shape. Does anybody know what the correct part is and where to get it?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I need to replace my rusted out 72 smuggler's box floor board. I have a 68-72 Dynacorn under the rear seat GM A-Body (Chevelle) panel but the contours don't look the same. Pictures of the 64-67 A-Body panel look much closer to the actual shape. Does anybody know what the correct part is and where to get it?

I have a '69 and when I replaced the floor pans, the rear set (68-72 pans) didn't fit properly. I order the previous generation pans and they fit perfectly. Perhaps the smuggler box is the same way.

I purchased mine from Henshaw's Chevelle. I suspect James Hinshaw, the owner, will know exactly what you need.

Copper

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed the dyna corn panel in my 69, where the under support on the old panel runs on a angle back, the new panel goes straight across but it does fit , you have to trim the front of the panel in the corners.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,670 Posts
Ok here is what I learn and know about the 68-72 floors for the el Camino. I have done 4 69's over the years. The back seat area where the smugglers box is in this Gen 3 cars. If you want perfect fit (nearly) the right part does not come from a Chevelle or dynacorn, it comes from a Chevelle Wagon (Concours) or another El Camino. back in 91 and 92, I was able to get my floors from a Wagon at a old fashion junk yard for the rear and repair the front drivers side. We had both a Chevelle and Wagon setting next to each other at the junk yard and you could see the difference. The floors from the Gen 2 may adapt better can't help you there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had to deal with that a couple months ago.I wound up using the 70-72 chevelle pan I had to trim off like 3" from the top and bend a new lip (90) to weld to the floor brace.Dont forget to add that to your measurement!.then I had to cut the drivers side half of the panel to get it in place( wheel wells in the way) and tacked it,trimmed the cut off piece to fit and welded it all up.I tryed the 69 pan the top of pan looked good but the sides were wrong and the pan was not long enough.I cut the drivers side because it has better acess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts