El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know what will fit or handy links
id rather try my luck with parts car parts on this but if new is the wat to go then thats the way i will go

ben ordering parts like there no tomarow
patch panel
por 15
molly rings
bearings
oil pump
cam
lifters
springs
gasket set
timing chain
3000 rpm stall converter
all going in a 76 350 4 bolt thus due to the fact the eng in it is ALL origional 8O hate to fry a clasic
new picts coming soon to
http://groups.msn.com/MawsShowNShine/thewookybook.msnw
thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's one on eBay with new bushings.

68-72 chevelle front sway bar

Of course, you can always look in the junkyards. Any 68-72 GM A-body should work. I think the 64-67 will work as well. Just get new bushings to go with it and it should work fine.

·
164 Posts
Front sway bars from 1964-1972 El Caminos/Chevelles, and all other GM A-bodies. Also sway bars from 1970-1981 Camaros and Firebirds will work as well.

For a rear sway bar I recommend getting a new GM 7/8" rear sway bar from GM - part number 394926. This is $69.32 from www.partszoneonline.com

You'll need to reinforce the lower control arms to use this rear sway bar.

On my '72 I have a 1 1/4" front sway bar from a 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula and this 7/8" rear sway bar. It handles very nicely, especially when coupled to my 12.7:1 quick ratio steering box.

·
164 Posts
No problem, any time ... this is the kind of stuff I love.

BTW, I'm using 166lbs/in rear springs, I believe this helps a bit as well, being that they are slightly stiffer than the stock 144lbs/in rear springs that came on it from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts