El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day all, picking up my 73SS this weekend and already asking a bunch of questions. Looking at bringing the car back to original or at least have the original wheels on hand. The build sheet has - AN, and PE1 Polycast whl, and G70x14 tires. have found these on a Camaro site and guessing the same? Looks like the catalogue pic too. Anyone able to confirm? Cheers from down under!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Pretty sure those are what you’re looking for. They’re heavy though; they are steel wheels with the rubbery plastic glued to them.
Patrick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, I dig those wheels. I hope you keep them. It's cool to see the original differences in our cars. I'm not a purist, but when it's different enuf, and original, I'm in. I'm getting my 74 on Monday. But have no idea where to look for build sheet, except under seats. I do want to go two tone, but i imagine the classic chrome is not available.
Would you post a pic of yours?

Mike from texas

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Some people find the build sheet on top of the fuel tank or under the carpet. I've even heard of it tucked above the headliner. Mine was nowhere to be found.

Rick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you. It's not under seat. I'll check the fuel tank next. I found data plate, but Greek to me. I wonder if a full floor is available for 74??? Also, would a monte carlo floor work

·
Registered
456 Posts
full floors are available, but a challenge to weld in. If you cut the whole floor out you will want to some stabilizer rods into the door jambs to keep the body from flexing. Most people will use the left and right half sheets. The hump is not usually rusted much, so you can cut out just the rotted sections on left and right and weld in those parts. Also, getting the whole floor through the doors can be a problem.

I hardly ever see a 4th gen without rust-through on the floors, though the amount can vary. Don't forget to check the smuggler's box floor for rust too, from underneath.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sorry, I spoke too soon. I thought I saw it in the Ecklers catalog but it is the 78-87. OPG only lists the 4 separate sections. 4th gens can be frustrating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts