El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked to see creative solutions to this issue; sons 74 gen 4 project back from paint shop, clips no longer available. You can get 5 clips but I've read they don't work, anyone found an alternate or a fix? Can they be modified to work? If so what needs to be done to them? Thanks to all for support & help in advance, Jamie

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,953 Posts
Did you check with El Camino's Plus at 916 722 2676 ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit the bullet & ordered them from El Camino's plus, ouch.... Thanks for the tip... For other gen 4 owners, take care removing that trim, the clips are difficult to come buy.... Jamie

·
Registered
46 Posts
I realize that the problem has been remedied, but I'm curious. Are you talking about the clips that hold the chrome in place or something else. I'd just like to know for future reference if anyone could shed some light.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the clips that hold on the Crome trim around the bed top edge you need 17 of them, only place that has a limited supply (& then gone) is el camino's plus... You can find gen 5 model clips easy, but not gen 4 model, my sons project is a 74 gen 4... Hope this helps, sorry if I sometimes use the wrong terms, I'm a Brit no1, & a dad helping his son no 2... got to love this forum... Jamie :dontknow:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another trim conundrum

So I've located the main upper bed trim clips,mtheir ordered... But what is the clip that goes round the back of the cab, above the bed, not the rear window trim, just above that trim, looks like its a keyhole type clip that goes over a small stud or screw? Thanks all for any input...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just got done looking and found that I have the clips you were looking for for tyhe bed rails. I'm scrapping out mine and looking for a different project. Went to jack it up off of the frame and the frame was rotted. I'll look to see if I have the other clips you are looking for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They look same to me... Son took off the trim & miss placed clips! Will hunt down one in morning... Keep posted... Thx, jamie

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,953 Posts
Bummer ! They look the same ! That's why I asked you steelybill !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you e-mail me at my regular e-mail. I bought the clips but can't get the bastards on. They look like they slide into teh molding and that you then slide them onto the bolt, but not alot of room in there to move them around.... help

"Shane" at [email protected]

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,953 Posts
If you're doing the bed clips on the 78-87 ! You put the clips on the body first then Pop the molding on them !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts