El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and thanks for such a great wealth of information. I'm new to the board and have just purchaed my first El Camino. It's a 1974 Malibu 350. I guess it's what is known as a plain jane. Anyway, The heater and defroster doesn't work. I've replaced the fuse and the blower motor and fan. The darn thing still doesn't work. When I plug in the blower it seems as if there is a little bit of current making it to the blower motor. I sense this because I can feel that some power has made it, as well as, I can barely hear the blower motor trying to work. What else do you think could be wrong? I've been looking for an inline relay and can't seem to find one. I seems that there is only a fuse and some strange plug dealy. The strange plug is attached to the heater box (under the hood), when I pulled it out I had to loosen two screws. Once removed it had two wire coils on the back. I'm guessing it is a temp measuring device or something of that nature. There is also what looks like a small wiring harness that plugs directly into the blower motor. It has what looks like a resistor or something on it. I can't seem to find it on any of the car parts sites. Know where I can get one? Anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance. Have a good one my friends!

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Wiring is pretty straight forward. The dealie you describe is a blower resistor, it controls the blower speed by dropping voltage the motor according to switch setting.
Read my article Here

1 - 2 of 2 Posts