El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone have a list or a web site of the interior colors that were available on the '74s? My interior is like an off white color. I can't tell if it's an off white, white, or biege or... Any help!?!

Abraham

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Go to the Links and click on EC Parts or The El Camino Store. Go to their site look under interior then go to their color dharts.

Other than that you can get the codes off the Id plate and one of us will decipher them. That will give you all the trim codes and colors, options.

The Plate is on the Firewall just above the Brake Booster below the windhield. It is approximatly 3" X 4" and is either rivited to the body or they used sheetmetal screws. Probably rivited.

:D

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I purchased this book called "Catalog of Chevelle, Malibu & El Camino ID numbers 1964-87". The ISBN number is 1-880524-06-6.
Besides having all the numbers decoded by year, it has a section in the back that shows interior. It has colors, fabrics and proper numbers. You can get this book at any bookstore.
If you give me the numbers of the ID cowl tag, I can look it up for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool!!!

Hey thanks for the help. Here's the cowl tag:

ST 1AD80 Z 092472 BDY
TR 714 A65 11 59 PNT
11A 092472 590440

Anything that you can tell me from these numbers would be great! :D Thanks again.

Abraham

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
1AD80=El Camino "Classic"
Z=Fremont (Calif.?)
092472=Sequential production number
714=Light Neutral interior color
A65=Bench seat w/armrest
11=Antique White exterior paint combo
59=Golden Brown Metallic exterior paint combo
11A=November 1st build date