El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 El Camino with Laguna front end and it has round gauges with the printed circuit board. Just wondering if anyone has ever fabricated a custom built cluster using after market gauges. I keep having problems with gauges and light working intermittenly. I would like to replace change to Autometer gauges to be more reliable. Thanks.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
I did my 84 a few months ago, Wasn't to bad to do ! Here is mine & of course you will have a different layout ! But it can be done !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job. Did you use plastic sheeting to mount the gauges? I guess I would need a wiring color code for the plug that goes into the printed circuit.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had a custom unit made out of engine turned stainless steel for my 77. I worked with the company, and it was their prototype unit. It was designed around Autometer gauges, and included tje inserts that go around the radio also. I don't know if they still make it or not. I know when it was offered, they wanted to sell it with gauges. My daughter totalled that car out before I had the chance to put it in.

Regards Brian [email protected]

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
Nice job. Did you use plastic sheeting to mount the gauges? I guess I would need a wiring color code for the plug that goes into the printed circuit.
I used the stock gauge pod & cut it to fit the gauges. I didn't use the printed circuit, I wired them directly to the wires. I used some sheet metal from Lowes for the 3 gauges & just cut holes for the other 2 ! If you want more info PM me !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts