El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just came across a good deal and jumped on it... it is in pretty good shape and the motor is hella strong... but i found out very quickly that the are NO aftermaket parts for this generation... WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT!?!?! the two round headlights make it look descent but i really need a billet grill...

·
Senior Member, NECOA Contributor
923 Posts
This Generation is considered the step child generation. This doesn't mean parts are not available. I've moved your thread to body restoration, so that maybe someone will help you locate the aftermarket body parts you're looking for. :beer:
If you haven't done so yet, feel free to visit the new members section and introduce yourself, tell a bit about your Elky, how you acquired it, any history you found out about it, and a picture or 2 would be great. Welcome Aboard. :poke:

·
Senior Member, NECOA Contributor
923 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds like a business opportunity to me. Are you saying it's impossible Steely, or just that noone has taken the time to R&D some aftermarket options and market them??? I got people. I got ideas. Guess I need to check into some step child generation studying. :dontknow:

:secret::secret::secret:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This Generation is considered the step child generation. This doesn't mean parts are not available. I've moved your thread to body restoration, so that maybe someone will help you locate the aftermarket body parts you're looking for. :beer:
If you haven't done so yet, feel free to visit the new members section and introduce yourself, tell a bit about your Elky, how you acquired it, any history you found out about it, and a picture or 2 would be great. Welcome Aboard. :poke:
thanks hotrodpc i have already found a grill from a fellow member on this site... im just waiting on a couple pics...

i know that this generation was not to well liked but i feel that any chevy with a (almost) rust-free body, posi rear end and a documented "semi-fresh" stroker is worth $1200... :wink1:

does everyone feel that statement is fair enough??? lol :dontknow:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you not edit your post on this forum? i dont see the button to do so if you can but i just wanted to add thank you everyone for the welcomes

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
I bought a new plastic grille for my '77 a couple years after it was new, from J C Whitney !
I accidently poked a hole in the original. Haven't seen any after market grilles in years though for the 4th gen Elcos or Chevelles.
They are out there of course, from folks who are parting these out.
The grilles are interchangeable from '74 to '77. Not sure about the '73.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a new plastic grille for my '77 a couple years after it was new, from J C Whitney !
I accidently poked a hole in the original. Haven't seen any after market grilles in years though for the 4th gen Elcos or Chevelles.
They are out there of course, from folks who are parting these out.
The grilles are interchangeable from '74 to '77. Not sure about the '73.....
thanks for the info... what years/models use the same hood?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just bought a nice grill for my 75 from "lcochino":nanawrench:, hopefully it will be here by this time next week.

·
Deputy Director Supporting Member
2,247 Posts
Hi, and welcome from SW Missouri. '73-'77 hoods fit; grills from '74-'77 fit. '76-'77 have the dual headlights while '73-'75 have the singles. OPGI and Eckler's El Camino Store feature some of the restoration parts and accessories. Like you said, aftermarket type stuff is not where this generation excels. Spohn performance makes some US manufactured rear suspension goodies you mike check out at a great value if you plan on putting lots of horsepower to the wheels. Brake kits and sway bars are readily available through many manufacturers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, and welcome from SW Missouri. '73-'77 hoods fit; grills from '74-'77 fit. '76-'77 have the dual headlights while '73-'75 have the singles. OPGI and Eckler's El Camino Store feature some of the restoration parts and accessories. Like you said, aftermarket type stuff is not where this generation excels. Spohn performance makes some US manufactured rear suspension goodies you mike check out at a great value if you plan on putting lots of horsepower to the wheels. Brake kits and sway bars are readily available through many manufacturers.
where are you from in SW MO... im from SE KS down by fort scott...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts