El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my elky in Arizona. the sun had completely eaten away the dash and the trim. It has no headliner. I need new door pannels, and a seat cover, also.

the exterior is mosly pretty good, but the chrome trim on the tailgate is missing.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
4th gen parts are still hard to come by. I reccomend a full cap for the dashboard.

I covered the interior plastic parts on my '81 with the thin foam backed headliner material, well in fact I had it done by an expert because my attempt failed.

The headliner should be a "sprung" type that does not have a backerboard like mine does. These are still availible from the restoration vendors.

Good luck on the plastic. I have a full interior in black somewhere and some parts in the light tan color. I will let you know if I find them.

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
I have some of the interior plastic stuff also. The pillar trim pieces that are next to the windshield are available new now, but in black only. The parts I have yet are the rear door post plastic pieces, in green. They go from the rear floor, up & around the doorway.

The stainless steel trim on the top of the tail gate is mostly impossible to find, at least a new one is. Maybe you can find a used one without too many dings in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the trim on the tailgate is completely gone off of mine. so even a banged up one would look better. i am trying to find a fourth generation elky in a salvage but i have only found a couple fifth generations

1 - 6 of 6 Posts