El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving south on Hiway 36 just south of Needville, Tx and saw this 4th gen with a later model Laguna nose. Stopped and took a few pics ao if anyones interesded call or text the number. The sign says a parts car comes with the deal. Didn't see another one around but there was a big barn Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Coupé

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Classic car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Coupé
back by the house.

Reactions: michaelj

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Text Font Handwriting Writing Calligraphy
I left off the for sale sign. It has the call/text number. I don't know anything about the car.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for taking the time to stop and take pics :beer:Looks like a good start for someone!
I've been in contact with him this morning. The price is $2500 obo and it comes with a parts car. He says the 75 pictured will go anywhere. He also has a 67 SS 396 4spd. I told him to bring both 4th gens to Belton and if he sold them, i'd take him back home. Trying to get him to look at this forum and become one of the ekly geeks.. his name is Cody and he sounds like one already..

· Registered
1984 GMC Caballero
2,206 Posts
That is the front end I like :poke:They came on some of the SS ones back in the day but I don't know what year. NASCAR used some of those front ends back in the 70's also

· Registered
149 Posts
There is a fellow driving around the central valley here in California with a Laguna front clip on his 4th. gen. El Camino. I got a chance to look it over recently at the Model A swap meet in Turlock last month. He was tryng to sell it for five grand, and the vehicle was a real mess both inside and out.

The fit was off in every corner however, it looked very interesting. I could see where the panels are similar and with some care one could do the modifications. This front clip was just a messy install, but it was a real eye catcher! I've seen Laguna's for sale in the central valley, some go cheap. I think this is a great fit for someone who knows how to do the body fit correctly, it is a neat and mean looking front end for a El Camino.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news, the fella that owns this 75SS joined the fray yesterday. His handle is CODYBEAR67. He also has a 67 SS 396 4sdp Elky. He's under new members so go welcome him in. He might bring the 75 to Belton along with the 67 or the other 4th gen parts car.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is the front end I like :poke:They came on some of the SS ones back in the day but I don't know what year. NASCAR used some of those front ends back in the 70's also
From the evidence thats been posted here, theres no proof that any Elkies were built from the factory with the S-3 nose. Some were dealer installed. There is one guy that swears his was a factory install and shows the build sheet but it is inconclusive. Either way, this, in my opinion, is the best looking front end ever on a Chevy. The Laguna was produced from 74-77. There were 2 styles of noses. The early ones were flat faced. the later ones rad the rake you see on the previous photos.

· Registered
1,812 Posts
ha! That looks almost exactly like my elky, but in better shape. :(

· Premium Member
1,431 Posts
i finally scrounged up one of those noses! had to drive 300 miles to get it with a pregnant girl in the back seat of my truck lol, but i got it!:snipersmilie:

· Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,116 Posts
From the evidence thats been posted here, theres no proof that any Elkies were built from the factory with the S-3 nose. Some were dealer installed. There is one guy that swears his was a factory install and shows the build sheet but it is inconclusive. Either way, this, in my opinion, is the best looking front end ever on a Chevy. The Laguna was produced from 74-77. There were 2 styles of noses. The early ones were flat faced. the later ones rad the rake you see on the previous photos.
Hey Mike,

Read what this guy on eBay is saying about the Laguna S3 option being a COPO order?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-E...d18d6d089&item=331129213065&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Any new updates on whether this is true or not? From what I understood, only certain options were available thru Central Office in Flint (i.e. COPO 427 Chevelle's and Camaro's in '69).

I found another one of these '75 el Camino Laguna S3's on Craigslist recently, pretty cheap.

I have always liked the Laguna front ends, there's a Chevelle Laguna on Craigslist in North Jersey, looks nice, guy wants ~$3500, ad not up right now so he might have sold it.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've read reports that says there were ZERO Elkies factory built with the Laguna nose. There are reported cases of DEALER installed 'guna noses. The fleabay seller, of course, wants you to believe his car is 1 of 1. If it were that rare, it wouldn't have 140k miles on it and it wouod be in a chevy museum somewhere.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.