El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, finnaly got my 77 home and got around to replacing all the lights around the car, while testing the lights i noticed when i turn on either blinker they both flash instead of just one side, also when i have the headlights on the back lights do not come on, even when i press the brake when my lights are on nothing happens... my brake lights do work when i have my lights off though, also my reverse lights dont work.

i know alot about putting a motor together but when it comes to wires thats a differnt story any help would be great thanks

Casey

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Bad ground circuit in the back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
might also look for a bulb that is wrong or turned in the socket too far. also look at your pigtails and make sure the contacts line up with the way the bulbs line up. all of the above will cause things to go to ground the wrong way just like aucath says. don't pull your hair out as it usually will surprise you how easy it is to fix once you've found the problem. unless someone has been pulling a trailer, these are the common problems along with corrosion. i'm just a shade tree but i think aucath has steered you in the right direction.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yep, definatly bad ground to the rear light sockets. with the tail lights off your turn signals find its ground path through the rear tail light filliment to the front park lights then uses the front park light ground. when you turn the tail lights on, the brake lights have nowhere to find ground. I just had a similar problem on a 95 chevy van but it was a bad pair of front park light sockets. no ground.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah thanks so much i looked around the rear lights and found a ground that didnt look to good i regrounded that one wire and every thing works like it should.. Thanks! :D

Casey

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
No problemo!

8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts