El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a turn signal lever for my 78. Just the plain end no cruise no wipers. It looks like the tilt lever but longer. It's the same push-in style like the ones with cruise.

thanks

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK great! Thanks

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I found one for my 86 at Autozone for $10 new.They also have the one with the cruise control wire for $40 new.I installed the first one way back & haven't had any problems with it.I still have the one with the wire I didn't use $20 if anyone wants it PM me.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I found one for my 86 at Autozone for $10 new.They also have the one with the cruise control wire for $40 new.I installed the first one way back & haven't had any problems with it.I still have the one with the wire I didn't use $20 if anyone wants it PM me.
I wasn't aware that you could get the push in standard signal stalk aftermarket? Do you happen to have a link for that? I thought the only one available was the one that's held in with a screw...used prior to the 78-87 run.

Bobby you might want to check into this one for $10.

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After I think 82? they have the wiper switch on them. Mine is plain push in type. Looks just like the tilt lever but longer.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
After I think 82? they have the wiper switch on them. Mine is plain push in type. Looks just like the tilt lever but longer.
Yeah in 82 they had incoprated the wiper in the stalk. I have a few of what you're looking for Bobby....standard lever no cruise or wiper.

I'm on Malibu Racing .com as well...there was a fellow looking for one as well about 8 months ago or so...he posted a link to a NOS one listed by GM Classic Parts at well over $100. I didn't have any at the time...he checked all over and couldn't find one. He posted up about a month or so after and said he finally found one on ebay for about $30 plus shipping.

When Chris posted about finding them new from Autozone for $10...well if so can't beat that.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I wasn't aware that you could get the push in standard signal stalk aftermarket? Do you happen to have a link for that? I thought the only one available was the one that's held in with a screw...used prior to the 78-87 run.

Bobby you might want to check into this one for $10.
I didn't buy it on line,I just walked into Autozone & found it hanging from a shelf in the Help section.They had other ones there for other models too.I found some other parts there that I had bought unline & they were dirt cheap.One that I had paid $35 for 2.99.I don't know if the one I bought will fit a 78 but mine just pulls out & pushes in with a twist.You might try autozone.com

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I didn't buy it on line,I just walked into Autozone & found it hanging from a shelf in the Help section.They had other ones there for other models too.I found some other parts there that I had bought unline & they were dirt cheap.One that I had paid $35 for 2.99.I don't know if the one I bought will fit a 78 but mine just pulls out & pushes in with a twist.You might try autozone.com
I guess that's entirely possible...we don't have Autozone up here and can't say I've ever really looked in the Help section our Auto parts stores have here.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
OK This might help.Autozone part no.49281 GM 1971-1994 $19.99 or....part no.49273 GM 1982-1996 $10.99. on autozone.com.photos on line.turn signal lever.

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK neither one of those. Mine has the knob of the plain one but is a push-in arm like the 82 & up.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If it doesn't work out with Kevin, I have one on a column from a 80 Monte that doesn't have cruise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts