El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm looking for some heavy duty type rear shocks for my 78 what I have are the air type that I have to fill to raise up if I'm hauling something in the bed but I never really haul anything I just like the look of the raised rear but I want shocks that stay that way do any help will be great thanks guys!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought some Monroe shocks from O'Reillys....they had a spring to make them a little heavier duty. There are nice, but went back to air shocks for a stiffer ride with less play...

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
I have bilstein shocks front and rear with airlift bags inside the rear moog cargo coil springs. You can set them to any height but they're not mushy like air shocks.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,781 Posts
I have KYB gas-a-just shocks with AC Delco G-body wagon springs with air lift 1000 asset bags !!

·
Registered
193 Posts
For the budget-minded (like I am), I'd highly suggest the gas coil-overs. Great ride at a reasonable price!

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok I am starting on the suspension. is there an advantage to the wagon springs over the variable rate springs? do you really get more capacity? I use my car like a truck peroidically. I want to be able to haul my motorcycle (750 lbs). how much capacity will I really gain with those coil overs? They claim 1200 lbs. Is that realistic? I like the idea of not having to add air to the shocks since its so hard to get air now-a-days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts