El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently grabbed a 78 with a 350. the stock engine was a 305 and it apparently caught fire. When I started the disassembly I discovered today the Wiring Harness and Fuse panel both need to be replaced. I just did a forum search and did not find anyone that was able to find OEM items to do this on 5th Gen. I was wondering if anyone that has a 5 Gen has found any OEM wiring and Fuse Panels so I will be able to replace it? I am focused on safety and would like new replacement items!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I got it all removed! It might still be ok but the wire connectors on it look distorted. I'm thinking an option might be for me to use my multimeter and measure the resistance of each connection. Then I will know which circuit will need to be repaired. The car I grabbed was not drivable only because of my concern not knowing what damage from the fire remained. The engine was replaced and it started and sounded nice but not sure what electrical items were not functioning. The only two things that I know did not work and may not be fire related is the electric windows and the parking brake. Thanks for your response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts